Friday, June 11, 2010

How to Decrease the Rate of Brain Atrophy

Lots has happened in the past month.

I have discussed child care challenges that physicians face with the Alberta Medical Association, with the intent of presenting this challenge (with solutions) to the provincial government. If physicians can't access quality child care, patients have difficulty accessing their doctors.

I have taken on a Board Position at play school and am helping to organize the major fundraiser at Elementary school.

I went on a fabulous trip with my ex-nanny, now great friend, to Quebec City, and was touched by the personal stories of patients at a psychosocial oncology conference.

I grieved at an art therapy workshop.

I saw the momentous Elton John ballet, ate gelato on the terrace of the most beautiful building in Edmonton while "winning" some art, played poker after a decade of not, told my little son a "story with my mouth" and drank up his belly laughs, watched my eldest catch raindrops in his mouth while skipping down the soccer field (he didn't score), and was lifted up by my husband's kind and supportive eyes when I crashed and burned live on stage.

My mom always said I had a bad habit of "burning the candle at both ends". I like to reframe it as, "If you rest, you rust." (Helen Hayes)





No comments:

Post a Comment