Thursday, February 18, 2010

Passion

That Jim Yih www.sliceofjim.blogspot.com and I are on the same wavelength. I too have been thinking about finding your passion.

I just started reading "The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything" by Ken Robinson Ph.D. (From the Publisher: The element is the point at which natural talent meets personal passion. When people arrive at their element, they feel most themselves and most inspired, and achieve at their highest levels.)

So, I am in search of my passion. Chocolate: check; Wine: check; housekeeping: no; Olympic athlete: definitely not secondary to my plantar fasciitis and my bad hip; best bass guitarist in the universe: nope, flea already has this title; DJ: a possibility but my only gigs will be at nursing homes; blogging: unfortunately for you, dear reader, no.

I am at a loss. I have only finished Chapter 1 but K. Robinson implies that my passion will not feel like work because it is my passion. So far, it feels like a lot of work trying to identify my passion.


2 comments:

  1. Blogging may not be your passion but I think you're good at it! Maybe you just need to blog about what wine and chocolates you've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...champagne truffles and Burrowing owl Merlot...yummmm

    ReplyDelete