Saturday, September 4, 2010

Glad Plan A worked out

Day 8 of 10 of single parenting.  I am blogging whilst my littlest son hums Star Wars and plays with lego.  The bigger one is in the house somewhere doing something, likely mischievous.  Have already made porridge, changed a wet bed (I'm so tired I forgot to put littlest son's diaper on last night), took LRT to market to market to buy a fat pig home again home again jiggity jig, made lunch, did the dishes x 2, went to a kite flying festival and am gearing up for dinner and Symphony Under the Sky to hear the Star Wars theme (don't tell them I'm secretly hoping for rain).

What have I learned:  it is REALLY hard to be a single parent and it's almost impossible to have any time for yourself (maybe 30 minutes before you pass out on the bed with all your clothes on), little kids are laborious (I compare my life now to pre-kids and it feels like 100x the work,  okay, maybe 10x in real numbers but multiplied by another 10 when exhausted), I am super happy I didn't have to opt for plan B which was to use an anonymous sperm donor and live on a commune, and lastly, I have new appreciation for my husband and can't wait for my well-deserved 2 week spa holiday - ha, ha!!

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh, my 10 days away is going to cost me 2 weeks!! From the other side of the coin, I have learned that experiencing something by yourself is not nearly as fun as being with your family.
    Rufus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that kite flying would be so challenging? Within 10 minutes 1 of 2 kites had a shredded wing and was useless, I had a deep cut from quickly letting out the string with my bare hands, the larger kite had crashed into a person's head after tangling in their kite's line, I had wrapped the string around the neck of the aforementioned person's head with whom our kite had collided, and I had shouted flying instructions at my sons at least 20.3 times. Next time my husband can "go fly a kite"!

    ReplyDelete